What we do
Since 2009, Thoroughbred has helped launch 45+ distilleries, designed over 85 spirits brands, and facilitated 3 exits.
Thoroughbred is dedicated entirely to helping new and established spirit companies flourish. We work hand-in-hand with entrepreneurs and leadership teams in building distilleries and brands entirely from the ground up and revamp established companies for growth or acquisition.
Whether brought on board for a short-term project or a long-term partnership, the Thoroughbred team has the expertise and experience needed for entrepreneurs and businesses to put all of the pieces together and achieve their definition of success.
GO/NO-GO DECISION PROCESS
A stage-gate process to succinctly determine the viability of your venture.
- Feasibility study
- Concept and portfolio development
- Financial modeling
- Brand development and packaging design
- Liquid development
- Market testing
- Financial and personal risk assessment
Having a solid strategic plan is the key to growth and long-term success. What are we going to start doing? What are we going to stop doing? What are we going to keep the same? We can help you answer those questions.
- Long-term vision
- SWOT analysis
- Portfolio review and COGs analysis
- Distributor alignment and evaluation
- Personnel assessment
- Creation of strategies and tactics
- Sales forecasting and key budgets
- Ongoing advisory and implementation support
We will create a striking brand for you that stands out on the shelf. By being mindful of financial, operational, distributor, and consumer needs, we ensure it’s not only a gorgeous brand but rather, a gorgeous brand that sells.
- Determination of product offering(s)
- Ideation and naming
- Positioning and strategy
- Packaging design (label + logo)
- Custom glass bottle design
- Custom closure design
- Vendor sourcing and production management
We work alongside your architect/general contractor to provide expert guidance for the distillery areas and necessary distilling functionality of the building.
- Distillery layout and planning
- Distillation and ancillary equipment advisory and sourcing
- Distillery and tasting room experience
- Barrel storage and rickhouse planning
- Bottling line and equipment sourcing
- Growth planning
Master Distiller Services
Work hand-in-hand with our master distillers and tap into their knowledge from decades of experience.
- Mash bill and recipe development
- Ingredient and substrate sourcing
- Bulk and aged spirits sourcing
- Test batches
- Distillation and blending training
- Creation of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Technical training and troubleshooting
We get you buttoned up for the market by providing you with all the deliverables and advice needed to contact and attain distributors in targeted domestic and international markets.
- Market strategy
- Sales forecasting by market
- Detailed above-the-line marketing and tactical budgets by recommended activity
- Sales team structure and hiring
- Distributor pricing and programming
- High-level P+L for financial return and assessment
- Distributor presentations
- Distributor selection
- Ongoing advisory
Valuation and Investment Presentations
Raising money is one of the most challenging things for businesses to do. Having an expert on your side to guide and provide clarity can help you answer some of your investors' toughest questions and concerns.
- Executive summaries
- Pitch decks
- Investor presentation participation